Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Question: Registry Edit Programs

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:50:47 +0100, "Graham." mused:

"the_constructor" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
I know this is off topic but you're such good bunch on here, I didn't
think that you would mind.
Does anyone have any experience of programs like REGCURE or REGEDIT ?
Are they ok to use ?
I know that you shouldn't delve into the registry files unless you know
what you are doing.
REGCURE test showed 842 errors in my registry today but I couldn't go any
further unless I purchased the program. Just wondering if I should splash
the cash or not.
Many thanks
--
the_constructor

Don't tip it, recycle it. Join your local group.

http://freecycle.org/display.php?reg...ited%20Kingdom

Is there really an third-party application called regedit? (Regedit is the
built-in
Windows registry editor).

You might like to try http://safety.live.com/ which redirects
to a microsoft site and you will find some tools there.
You trust Microsoft not to screw up your computer don't you?
You don't mind Microsoft rummaging through your files???
'corse not.

They ****ed it up in the forst place, they should exactly what goes
wrong!
--