Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Skewing Around - Basta!

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:51:14 GMT, A Womack wrote:

charlieb wrote in news:46CE6BB8.78B1
:

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...urning14C.html

Thank you much,you have come a long ways since you started posting photos
on the turnings you were trying.

I would guess the short length makes it possible to turn them without
shake?

Just making my daughter's Harry Potter wand, caused me to need to be very
moderate in the amount of pressure I was putting on the skew.

Alan

You probably do this already, but a habit that I got in was learned from Dick
sing... Use the skew one-handed and use a finger on the other side of the
spindle to match the pressure of the skew.. sort of like a steady rest..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing