Posted to alt.home.repair
Kiwanda Kiwanda is offline

Default venting a bathroom fan

On Aug 25, 11:04 am, Nate Nagel wrote:

I like the idea of a timer as well, I was already thinking about that.
It appears that Nutone makes one, but I can't
find a picture of it - anyone know if it fits in a standard Decora
switchplate and if not, if there is one available that does?

Yep-- Fantech makes a great one:
http://www.waveplumbing.com/store/in...oducts_id=3006
I installed one of these and while it's overkill for my fan (it's
rated for 20 amps, my fan is 18 watts) it's the best timer switch I've
ever used. Hit the 30 min button when you enter the shower and forget
it. It's also lighted, so it's easy to see it in the dark and/or tell
how much time is remaining.

It's white and comes with a Decora plate.

-kiwanda