Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al A. Al A. is offline

Default Anilam Miniwazard info, please...

Wild_Bill wrote:
Al, does your manual contain the diagnostic or self-test procedure?

The manual I have (a photocopy from Acu-Rite/Anilam) covers the Micro,
Mini and Wizard models, and Setup is described the same as what you
stated (#8 key pressed 10 times).
The wording doesn't specifically state that the scales should be
attached to enter the Setup mode, but I believe they should be.

The Wizard Digital Readouts Operating Manual is p/n 70000119 which
covers the units with flat front panels with silkscreened, plastic sheet
overlay-membrane-like keypads (not hard button keys like most PC
keyboards have).
These membrane front panel models are early 1990s models, IIRC.

I don't know if you've removed the front panel to see if any unmarked
switches exist behind the plastic overlay, or if you've just felt that
there may be holes in the metal behind the overlay.
I've had both of my units apart, and have not found any unlabeled
switches, but I have noticed that different models use-or-omit certain
functions at the front panel (some have a hard on/off switch on the rear
panel, and others have a front keypad on/off soft switch, for example..
or any of 4 available output options for the Miniwizard model).

If you don't have the Diagnostic procedure in your literature, I'll type
it out if you want to see it. If your model isn't the same type that
I've described, it may not help.

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

WB,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. The unit I have is older than
your, I think. The keyboard on my unit is not a membrane type, there are
actual switches mounted on a PC board behind the front panel overlay.
There are switches there, you can feel them click, and just to be sure I
opened up the case.

Thanks for offering to type out the diagnostic procedure. But I am
pretty sure that I have the same manual that you describe. It outlines a
diagnostic procedure, but that does not work on the unit I have.
Unfortunately the actual model number on the back of the unit has worn
off or faded away. The sticker is there, but no numbers. There seems to
be quite a variety of units encompassed under the "MiniWizard" name.

I think I am going to try giving Anilam a call this week when I have
time. I do have a contact there that is always helpful to the extent
that he is able. The seem to not have lots of support info on old units
like this. I guess that is understandable, given the type of customers
that they generally serve.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,
AL A.