Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default I don't understand why my phone system does what it does.

In article , "Pete C."
wrote:

I was under the impression that those remote terminals were required to
have a nominal 8 hr of battery backup capacity due to the E911 / life
safety issues

You may be right about the requirement. I'll inquire of a coworker that knows
for sure.

Regardless, I am confident that many, if not all, of the RTs in our area do
NOT have a battery sufficient to the task you list: 8 hours would require a
large battery, indeed.

Virtually all of the "nodes" in Omaha's broadband "experiment" (unique
"orphan" system) have a built-in genset and are connected to natural gas in
most cases, propane tank(s) in a few others. The RTs outside our broadband
"footprint" are not so equipped.
--

JR

Mean Evil Bell System