Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Chain Link Fence Removal

On Aug 25, 4:29 pm, "Roger Taylor" sherryrogeratcomcastdotnet wrote:
"Digilla" wrote in message

ups.com...

I plan to remove a chain link fence from my back yard. I have read
plenty of posts suggesting different ways of doing this, and sense I
cannot get a vehicle into my back yard, I plan to dig out the posts.
However, I am concerned about the holes that will be left behind. No
one seems to mention the best method of refilling these holes. What
is the best practice for refilling the post hole? Should I use dirt,
sand, a combination of both, or something else? Thanks for your input.

I like the idea of using a car jack. That saves a lot of calories digging.
Soak the ground around each post anchor, first, then use a broad base, like
a 2x12 piece of scrap lumber, as a jack base.
I wouldn't leave the cement anchors there, it just puts off the problem you
face if you want another fence there.
Roger

Second that. Much easier to remove the part in the ground when you
have a 'handle' attached. Not fun to run into a chunk of concrete or
pipe when you are doing some gardening or landscaping

Harry K