Posted to alt.home.repair
The Streets The Streets is offline

Default Help with Kitchen Drain

"WilliamC88" wrote in message
Hello. Got a kitchen drain issue and I was hoping for some advise. I
have a double sink, disposer on the left, rinse sink on the right. We
have been experiencing slow draining on the disposal side and it
especially sucks when washes pots and stuff on that side. As it backs up,
if I turn on the disposal and pushes it right through. I was told by a
neighbor that the drain from the disposal to the trap may be clogged or
that it needs more of a down angle. I took a picture he

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6283/1000814sg0.jpg

It ain't clogged. I do notice the the drain from the disposal is going
down, but that the hole assembly on that side is lower than the main drain
into the wall. Is this OK? It is kinda hard to see in the picture. To
move the "T" up above the main drain would require the disposal to drain
"up" into the "T" and this doesn't sound right either. The right side
that goes straight into the trap drains fine.

Could it be the disposal? We have tried a plunger, draino and some
special disposal cleaner all to no avail.

Thanks for any advice!!

Could be that the "graters" on the side wall of the disposer are partially
clogged from waste build-up. Something easy to try -- turn on the disposer
and with the water running feed in a bunch of ice cubes. I usually run
an entire bin of ice through.