Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard Thoms Richard Thoms is offline

Default painting, etc

Quote: Bonnie Jean wrote on Sat, 25 August 2007 09:59
1) I have to remove a lot of wallpaper. Are the removal liquids the way
to go? (First you score the paper liberally, then spray with the
solution and then scrape the paper off. Then you repeat to get the glue
off)

The liquids worked a lot better than the "steamer" tool we first tried. However, be careful with the scoring tool. We got a little too aggressive and got into the sheetrock a bit.

I guess you've seen the scoring tools. We used the "paper tiger"

see: http://www.zinsser.com/product_detail.asp?ProductID=20

It was easy to use, but like I said, don't put too much pressure on it.

--
Richard Thoms
President - Top Service Pros, Inc.