Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Chinese Cars

PaPaPeng wrote:
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 00:04:59 GMT, PaPaPeng wrote:

I always find it very interesting the passions stirred up where China
is concerned. Do read this other story at the high end of technology
and engineering competition.

The ultimate global battle
Boeing Versus Airbus by John Newhouse

Quote: Second, by outsourcing large portions of the 787, Boeing sent
a strong message to its workforce about what the company was prepared
to do in case it had labor problems on its hands again.

Newhouse expands on this second point when he writes, "There is no
evidence, however, that Boeing is saving much money by outsourcing the
787's wing or sections of the fuselage. Japan is not a cheap labor
market. To the contrary. Neither is Italy. But the outsourcing does
send a message to the unions that Boeing deals with. It says: 'If you
mess too hard with us, we can always outsource your job to another
place'" (p 169).

Newhouse may have written it, but it doesn't necessarily mean his
interpretation is correct. Mostly these global deals for manufacturing
have been negotiated arrangements w/ the associated countries made as
part of market access deals.