Posted to rec.woodworking
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Need Thick Wood

On Aug 25, 9:57 am, "Lowell Holmes" wrote:
"GROVER" wrote in message

oups.com... On Aug 24, 3:55 pm, GrayFox wrote:
I need some wood that is about 18/4 thick, different varieties like oak,
walnut, cherry, etc. What is my best bet for obtaining such?

I haven't been in Houston for a few years, but when I built cabinets
there, I occasionally frequented a lumber yard called The Hardwood
Lumber Yard on 5 and 1/2 street in the Heights. They had six or so
quonset huts filled with exotic wood. You might try to inquire there
for your needs.
Joe G

That is Clarks Hardwood Lumber Co. and they are still there. It is a blast
to go exploring in the building to find all sorts of special wood.
Be prepared to part with dollars though. :-)

Lowell,
You are right on the money. It was Clarks Lumber Yard in the Houston
Heights.I had forgotten the name. I see now they have a web site as
well. Thanks for tweeking my memory.
Joe G