Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Replogle Randy Replogle is offline

Default Any musical instrument repairmen here?

MikeMandaville wrote:
On Aug 25, 7:29?am, Randy Replogle wrote:
Any musical instrument repairmen here?
Randy

The Musical Instrument Maker's Forum has a section on that. What have
you got to repair?

A buddy (sax player) bought some tools from a guy that was retiring from
the business, or maybe just his hobby. I've played trumpet for 40 years
and am also interested in learning instrument repair. I was over there
last night showing him how to use taps and dies and I was just wondering
where to find info on techniques, etc. We'd like to fix up old beaters
for kids who can't afford to rent or buy them. He's interested in
woodwinds and I in brass.

You mean this: http://www.mimf.com/

Oh, yeah, I have a Claude Gordon Benge that my son used in high school
that needs major work

Thanks,
Randy