Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default drill press holding fixture

yes, that is the one (note, I'm top posting to annoy the heck out of those
bothered by such violations of non-existant rules)

Most of the time the little attachment block, shown on the far right of
the vise in the image, is lost. You are supposed to affixt that
attachment block into a T slot, the round part of the vise slides in the
block (unless you clamp it down), so the whole assembly is easy to move in
translation but impossible to rotate, just what you want. You don't need
the handle to hit the column, just make the missing little block

I never even knew I had a part missing. thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix
this and my float lock will see a lot more service.

Karl