Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default drill press holding fixture

yes, that is the one (note, I'm top posting to annoy the heck out of those
bothered by such violations of non-existant rules)

Most of the time the little attachment block, shown on the far right of the
vise in the image, is lost. You are supposed to affixt that attachment
block into a T slot, the round part of the vise slides in the block (unless
you clamp it down), so the whole assembly is easy to move in translation but
impossible to rotate, just what you want. You don't need the handle to hit
the column, just make the missing little block
"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...

there is a very cool drill press vise called "float lock" - they show up
from time to time on ebay - a complete one has a block to attach to the
table, and will hold virtually any part up to about 12 or 18 inches - you
prrobably want to find one of them

You mean this?
http://www.eaglerockonline.com/index...w&LineItem=125

I have one. Its not long enough for the handle to get to the column on my
radial arm drill press. So, i haven't used it much. You've got me
thinking; I'll make up something to catch this unit from rotation that can
be quickly removed when I need the full 2' throat.

Karl