Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default metal cover for exterior wiring running along walls

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 16:42:50 +0100, Tom Woods wrote:

I've seen this on buildings but can't seem to find it for sale, or know
what it is properly called to ask for it or search for it at screwfix.
Can anybody help and advise where I can buy it from?

Where I have run wires along and down exterior walls (e.g the wire out to
my shed) I want to get hold of some metal trim to fix over the wire and
cover it up.
Both to make it look tidier and to protect it low down from someone
catching it (it is in a narrow alley).

The stuff i have seen was just a shaped section of galved metal that laid
over the top of the wire and was nailed/screwed onto the wall on the flats
on either side.

Look in Wickes, B & Q etc. for 'galvanised channelling'. It may be in the
plastering section as it's often used under plaster.

Cic.

--
Using Ubuntu Linux