Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Round rostrum

Yes those.

Just makes sense to put it on end.
I am sure it is strong, but could it be better? Yes.

Mekon wrote:
tiredofspam wrote on 23/08/2007 :
Why on earth did you put some of the 2x4 upended and some flat.
They all belong on end...

Do you mean these?

If so, then I wanted to put two screws in each of the 5 joists. having
them flat made that simpler and stronger. The other two 'below' (when it
is placed as it will be used) are not 35x90s but some 50x25mm batten
offcuts, just as braces so that the four main legs would not spread.

At any rate I delivered it last night placed it on the stage and 2 of us
jumped on it and it withstood that 150kg onslaught easily.

Mekon