Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default lawnmower won't start

wrote

snip

I know about cars. Enough to do a valve job or change a crankshaft.

Lawnmower carburetors look to me like fine watches. Small precise springs.
Multiple bell cranks. Lots of little things that have to work together as a
fine orchestra.

I thought I knew enough to fix my own. It's just a carb, right?

Ended up taking it to the shop. The guy said it was a combination of old
gas, crud, and a spring that worked loose.

Fifty bucks later, I'm mowing my lawn instead of fighting a lawnmower carb.

Take it to a reputable shop. If it don't run right, take it back until it
does.

Make sure that they say it's guaranteed to run.

Steve