Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] limeylew@gmail.com is offline

Default lawnmower won't start

On Aug 24, 9:04 am, wrote:
I have a Murray lawnmower with a Briggs and Stratton 6.0 HP engine
that dosen't want to start. I tried new filters, spark plugs, fresh
gas and checked the primer pump. I just pull the cord and nothing
happens. When i had the filter off I noticed that there is a spring
which connects the throttle lever to the carburetor choke plate which
looks pretty worn out. When i move the throttle lever, nothing
happens to the choke plate (although I can move it manually). Could
this be the reason for the thing not starting? Or does anyone else
have any better suggestions?

You might want to take the bowl off the carb. and see if it has any
'crap' in it.

If it does, clean it out, then remove the gas tank and clean it, too.
(this is where the crap accumulates)

This works for me and I hope it will help you.

Lewis.

*****