Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Phone jack Has to be near AC Receptacle?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:56:57 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"aemeijers" wrote in message

They did. But even on the early ones, if the Missus of the house objected
to 'that ugly gray cube' taking up an outlet slot in the bedroom or
wherever, a common trick was to break the second pair on the 4-color feed
line in basement near that jack, and feed the juice to the phone that way.
In fact, there is one of those cubes hanging from an abandoned line in my
basement laundry room right now. Probably been there since the '60s. Good
little transformers, like most WE hardware of the era, damn near
impossible to kill.

aem sends...

Maybe that's what we had, because my sisters used to move them from their
bedrooms to the den,

Didn't they have a spare bedroom?

when they wanted to watch TV and yack on the phone
simultaneously. They only had to deal with one wire.