Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
willshak willshak is offline

Default Home Air Filter change frequency

on 8/24/2007 3:41 PM said the following:
When a home air filter manufacturer recommends a filter change every
90 days, what duty cycle do they assume the filter wil be used?
1 hour per day?
10 hours per day?
24 hours per day?

I think they should list filter change recommendations in hours (e.g.
filter good for 300 hours of use).

How would the manufacturer of the filter know if you have a dirty house
or a sanitary house, or whether you lived in the dry dusty deserts of
Nevada or in a tropical region, like Florida.

(Some thermostats like my LUX have filter-life counters that show the
number of hours the filter was used since it was last changed).

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY