Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Pioneer VSX-D710S receiver help ‹ no sound

"thePfef" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I received a Pioneer VSX-D710S AV receiver that does not have any sound
through the speakers. The headphone jack produces sound. It was working
fine until this happened. Although I am not too technical, I did open
it up to take a look, but I have no idea what I'm looking for. Will
buying the service manual help me at all or should I just bring it to a
technician? Is it even worth fixing or paying to have it fixed?

Thanks for your help,

Josh

To be honest, DC coupled amps like this are not for the faint hearted. They
frequently present a serious repair headache even to those of us experienced
in repairing them. It is almost certainly worth doing, but my honest advice
would be to take it to a repair shop that properly understands these amps,
and let them do it. If you make any inexperienced attempts at trouble
shooting it, you might easily end up damaging it further, and then it might
not be worth repairing ...

Arfa