Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch Patriarch is offline

Default Rolling cabinet for my planar

Brian Henderson wrote in
news
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:43:48 GMT, "Johnson"
wrote:

I've got my Delta 13.5" planer, which I assume weighs roughly the same
as the Ridgid, on a rolling cabinet. The cabinet is essentially a
20"x34"x20" (length x height x depth) box made from 3/4" plywood. The
top is two 2'x2' peices of plywood laminated together. There is no
flex or sag at all even after three years.

I've got a similar Delta planer and I went and bought one of those
cheap Harbor Freight tool stands with the metal legs and wood top for
about $15 and it works just fine. Plenty of storage underneath too.

The Ridgid used to come with a tool stand in the price. Does it not any
longer?

Patriarch