Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Large Rabbet

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:20:06 -0400, BillinDetroit
wrote:

Leuf wrote:

Latest project in progress:

http://krtwood.com/photo/IMGP2064s.jpg

For size reference, bases are 1-1/2", 1-1/8" on the pawns.

Nice looking chess set, Leuf! Post pics somewhere when it's done?

Will do. It's based on plans from a shopnotes article, easily found
with google, that I made a couple of times before. This time I
changed just about everything to make it different and easier. The
way they do it all from one piece it's really hard to get the cuts to
line up perfectly and requires a ton of hand work to get it looking
good. This way I can use the spindle sander for most of it, and it's
a chance to throw in those accents which will match the frame of the
board. It's going to be a pretty special board, once I work up the
nerve to cut the miters to final length. Already built a new larger
miter sled for the task, it should be pretty difficult to screw up.
But still it sits there while I do everything but that.

-Leuf