Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin Grant Erwin is offline

Default HELP NEEDED ON HVLP PAINT GUN

jusme wrote:

I have an Harbor Freight (metal ) paint spray gun, model 93305, brand-new
and am TRYING to spray Behr, water-based acrylic enamel. I have set the
compressor and the gun pressure and all is well there.

However, regardless of settings on the gun, the paint comes out in globules
giving a somewhat 'orange peel' effect.
I have thinned it to the maximum of one pint of water to one gallon of
paint, all to no avail.
There is a small ball-valve at the output of the cup going to the gun. I
have tried adjusting that, too but, not much. Should this valve be adjusted
or is it there for some other reason.

How do I get good results with this beast and stop the globular droplets?

I need some expert advice, please.

Surface prep on the part?