Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default .223 paper punches (was Craigslist)

Rex wrote:

The build-it-yourself AR hobby is a pretty big deal. Buy a piece at a
time if you are a bargain hunter. mix and match components for an
infinite number of variations. For extra credit (and metalworking
content), buy a forged blank lower for $25 and mill it into a receiver.
Much fun to be had.

When I picked up my bridgeport this april, I looked into the scrap dumpsters
at the seller. Tons of scrap AR upper and lower forgings along with
trigicon? scope housings. I should have asked for a few but I figured they
wouldn't give me any. Still... Something to add to my list of regrets.

Wes