Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al A. Al A. is offline

Default Anilam Miniwazard info, please...

Hi all.
The CNC repair guy that comes into the place I work gave me an older 2
axis DRO setup for nearly nothing the other day. He is a nice guy, I
like him. I am planning to put it on my old Sheldon lathe. The reader
head on the long scale was not working, but I managed, through some
careful surgery, to get it functioning again.

It is an Anilam "Miniwizard" readout. I downloaded a manual from the
anilam website. There seem to be lots of variants to the Miniwizard
line, but the manuals they have on line don't seem to cover my unit.It
indicates that by pushing the "8" button ten times, I can get into the
"Setup" mode to choose scale resolution, direction, Dia/radius, default
to inch or metric on power up, etc. Well, that don't work! He had
mentioned that some of these units have "hidden" buttons on the front
panel, meaning that they are there behind the flat flex panel, but are
not labeled. I checked that, and sure enough, there below the X and Y
buttons are 3 secret buttons. The problem is, I don't know how to use
them. I tried pushing in different combinations, etc, but nothing works.
I would like to access this so that I can use a different (physically
smaller) scale that I have for the X axis on my lathe.

Any of you guys have one of these units and know how to do this? Or
have a manual? Google has not been much help. I may try calling Anilam
next week sometime, but I have not had much luck with that in the past.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks for any ideas!

Best regards,
AL A.