Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default lawnmower won't start

On Aug 24, 7:18 am, willshak wrote:
on 8/24/2007 10:04 AM said the following:

I have a Murray lawnmower with a Briggs and Stratton 6.0 HP engine
that dosen't want to start. I tried new filters, spark plugs, fresh
gas and checked the primer pump. I just pull the cord and nothing
happens. When i had the filter off I noticed that there is a spring
which connects the throttle lever to the carburetor choke plate which
looks pretty worn out. When i move the throttle lever, nothing
happens to the choke plate (although I can move it manually). Could
this be the reason for the thing not starting? Or does anyone else
have any better suggestions?

Unless you have an automatic choke, the throttle lever does not move the
choke. The choke lever moves the choke plate, whether the engine is
running or not. Perhaps you are flooding the engine. Try a little
starting fluid (or choke cleaner) sprayed into the throttle before starting.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

You need fuel, air and spark, if starting fliud does nothing remove
and groung the plug and pull the cord to see if its electrical