Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dave.bridges@gmail.com is offline

Default lawnmower won't start

I have a Murray lawnmower with a Briggs and Stratton 6.0 HP engine
that dosen't want to start. I tried new filters, spark plugs, fresh
gas and checked the primer pump. I just pull the cord and nothing
happens. When i had the filter off I noticed that there is a spring
which connects the throttle lever to the carburetor choke plate which
looks pretty worn out. When i move the throttle lever, nothing
happens to the choke plate (although I can move it manually). Could
this be the reason for the thing not starting? Or does anyone else
have any better suggestions?