Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tonym924@gmail.com is offline

Default Denon DRA-375RD Capacitor ID

On Aug 24, 4:11 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
I'm pretty sure that I did see a rectangular one once, but whatever, if it
is 0.1F at 5.5v, it is *not* just any old cap put there to stop the
regulator oscillating - it is definitely a goldcap for backup.

Yes - the output stability cap would be something like a 0.1uF
ceramic.

Are you sure that there is not a diode between the regulator's output,
and the cap?

Hmm, I thought it was a direct connection (via jumper), but I'll
double
check that. There is a "+5V" silkscreen label in that general area,
which
brings up another possibility - perhaps that regulator is supposed to
be
a 7805. I'm working on getting the schematic, that should clear
things up.

TM