Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default How do I turn bedposts longer than my lathe?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:58:47 -0400, "Owen Lawrence" wrote:

"Arch" wrote in message
Mac, I may be a bit absent minded, but I'm even more naive. I'm sure you
meant the ropes and chains were for lifting the bed.

Leo, The standards just hit 'rock bottom'.

BTW, the bed is for my 15 year old son; the ropes and chains will be needed
for lifting HIM out of bed in time for school. C'mon. I'm sure you guys
are capable of more extreme suggestions that these.

- Owen -

Alarm clock with low amp wires in the mattress??

Having been there, and repeating it with a month long visit from a stepson that
we call the "vampire", the only thing that ever worked for me were threats of no
"fill-in-the-blanks" for the rest of his life unless he dragged his butt up..

There were, however, several times that it was probably lucky that I didn't have
a pail of water handy..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing