Posted to rec.woodworking
Matt Matt is offline

Default Rolling cabinet for my planar

On Aug 24, 1:00 pm, "Toller" wrote:
"Matt" wrote in message

ps.com... Going to build a rolling cabinet for my planar (approximately 2' x
3'). I was thinking about whether or not I need a vertical member
centered in the middle of the cabinet to support the weight of the
machine. Any suggestions? I dont see a way around it. If I do add this
support, I was thinking about adding several drawers to the top
section, and two cabinet doors to the lower half. Any of you have an
outfeed table? What are you fellas storing is this cabinet?

How heavy is this planar?

My planer certainly doesn't need such a support, but it only weighs 90
pounds.

Its a Rigid, so I am guessing under 100lbs. But, I am planning on
making the cabinet 3' wide and 2' deep. A 3' span with close to 100lbs
in the center may sag over time.

Matt