Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default .223 paper punches (was Craigslist)

Ignoramus3635 wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:12:07 -0500, Rex wrote:
Ignoramus31502 wrote:
Craigslisters are, on average, less intelligent, less polite, and less
punctual than eBayers. That has been my finding.

Not my experience. I just sold a nice lathe and a nice antique tractor
on the DFW Craiglist. Inquiries were numerous and pleasant, both items
sold fairly promptly. Made a few new friends too.

Good for you, my experience has been different, though I do not mind
Craigslisters as buyers -- only reporting what I learned.

And I've bought a bunch of stuff on CL in the last year. Mostly
firearms, despite the *cough* ban. Pretty amusing some of the ways
people get around that.

"Paper Puncher for sale. Makes holes approx .223 diamter. black."

Very funny and creative. Tangentially, maybe it is time for me to look
into .223 paper punchers, which I avoided to date, for reasons that
may not apply any more (more money).

The build-it-yourself AR hobby is a pretty big deal. Buy a piece at a
time if you are a bargain hunter. mix and match components for an
infinite number of variations. For extra credit (and metalworking
content), buy a forged blank lower for $25 and mill it into a receiver.
Much fun to be had.