Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook Wayne Cook is offline

Default Lathe chuck carrier?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 22:47:09 -0700, "Stupendous Man"
wrote:

While not a good photo of it (I could of swore that I had one)
here's a pic of mine on my Sidney. (third one down)

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...ook/lathes.htm
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...ican_16x72.jpg

There it is, something like that. I think it needs 3 pivots to allow the
chuck to be pulled from the camlock. I like the second one
I don't want to try and suspend anything from the ceiling or cables, and
have plenty of stock and worn Heim joints around

There is three pivots. One is the main for the arm. The other is the
cross arm for the two chucks. The third is the pivoting of the chuck
carriers themselves.

The second one is definitely nicer. But I threw the first one
together in about 3 hours.