Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Sealing interior basement walls

wrote in message
oups.com...
Situation: 70-year old house, poured foundation. Certain walls have
moisture issues; seepage, deterioration of concrete; other walls are
fine. Gutters drain into underground (cast iron) pipe; I've closed a
couple of those off and no longer use them. Gutters in decent shape,
grading OK -- but I don't have mulch down in the beds near the house
for fear of artillery (shotgun) mold. I've only been in the house for
9 months; water has been an issue for a very long time w/certain walls
because there is evidence of previous owner repair. Overall, house is
in good shape for her age.

Unless you can confirm that the pipes the downspouts drain into go into a
working drain and away from the house, I'd pull apart and cap those
connections, and add elbows and conventional splash blocks. When I did that
to this place, almost all the basement water problems magically went away.

aem sends....