Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default electrical question

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:55:00 -0400, albee wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:03:00 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

[snip]

When I saw a neighbor connect a receptacle last year, he used all 8
connections on that receptacle (4 screws and 4 backstab holes).

Though it doesn't really matter for me, I am curious, and always
willing to learn. How did he connect 8? With 4 wires?

[snip]

Originally, this box just held a switch for the attic light. Since
this box is located almost directly above the panel, there were 2
pieces of Romex present.

Then, a previous owner has an outside receptacle added. This was wired
to this switch box.

Finally, the new neighbor added some wiring in the room below (a
garage converted to a room), and ran this to that box. He changed the
box to a 2-gang one and put in a receptacle there, and used it to join
all those wires (instead of going out and looking for a couple of big
wire nuts).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."