Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook Wayne Cook is offline

Default Lathe chuck carrier?

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 16:04:24 -0700, "Stupendous Man"
wrote:

I have had a recurrence of an old injury and am not into lifting the 10 inch
chuck on the Graziano for a while, so need to build a carrier to facilitate
regular changes to collet use.
I saw one long ago that attached to the machine and swung the chuck out of
the way but don't remember the details of construction. I see a few like
this http://www.homemetalshopclub.org/news/mar02/mar02.html but don't want
to fool with rope lifts.
Anyone know of any good photos, plans, etc online?
--

While not a good photo of it (I could of swore that I had one)
here's a pic of mine on my Sidney. (third one down)

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...ook/lathes.htm

This old pic shows the one I got the idea from. Sorry for the bad
pic but this is one of the first pics I ever posted to the web. I took
them with a 35mm at night so it was hard to get a good exposure. Then
to top it off the scans made by the company that developed the film
where lousy.

http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...ican_16x72.jpg

I'll see if I can get a chance to take some more pics of the one I'm
using now.