Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Craigslist

In article ,
Grant Erwin wrote:

The thing is just to accept things the way they are and not get upset about
it.

Not knowing whether or not Gunner did to begin with, be sure to post
specifically where you are (what town, neighborhood if it's a city, or
which end of what county if the town is too precise for your paranoia).
This both filters out the people at the wrong end of the catchbasin who
don't want to drive that far and can admit that to themselves without
bothering you, and causes real buyers to pay more attention to your ad
(as a lot of the spam/phishing crap that makes it onto craigslist tends
to have either no location, or a "location" which is the same as the
name of the particular list).

As a buyer, I find craigslist a LOT better than ebay, as I can go look
at the stuff, and do a cash-on-the-barrelhead transaction. I will
occasionally inquire where something is if it's sufficiently interesting
(and not mentioned), but if it's too far to drive (my time trumps the
gas money for that factor) I won't bother (nor will I ask the seller to
deliver - since people who ask for delivery are likely to be scammers
anyway). OTOH, if it's something I want that's in range, I'm there with
cash ASAP.