Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default need new coat on bathtub

On 23 Aug, 13:29, Kyle wrote:
On Aug 22, 7:46 pm, Mel wrote:

I have an old fashioned bathtub and sink that I'd like have
recovered. I know that bathtubs that are not plastic can
have a new coat of enamel(?)put on. What is that procedure
called and who does it?

Jo

I looked into this when redoing my kitchen two years ago, and while
there are companies out there that can do a terrific job, you'll
discover two things: (1) the resurfacing does not last nearly as long
as the original, and (2) it's hugely expensive.

- It is less expensive to go to your local plumbing supply house or
big
- box store and buy a top-of-the-line brand new sink than it is to pay
- company to resurface your old one. I hate the idea, but that's the
- reality.

You did notice that the OP included a bathtub in her post, didn't you?

While I'm not saying she should have it resurfaced, replacing a tub is
a bit more of a project than replacing a kitchen sink.