Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default electrical question

On Aug 21, 2:19 pm, albee wrote:
In a receptacle/outlet in one of our bedrooms, you can wiggle the plug
and the connection will go on and off. We've all experienced that, but
what's unique (in my experience), is that when it goes off, the power
to the overhead light, operated by a switch at the door, goes off,
too.

What's the connection between these two, and what do I need to do to
fix it? I opened the receptacle, and don't see anything obviously
loose, though I'm inexperienced at electrical things. I did turn the
power off before taking the receptacle out, though (do know that
much!). Thanks.

Man I'm glad I dont live in a Romex wired house.