Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AJ AJ is offline

Default digital camera repair.

@ this point contact Canon, findout what they will charge to r/r the item.
(Repair or Replace).
"Michael Black" wrote in message
Jose Capco ) writes:
I have a Canon powershot digital camera and I opened it because I was
suspecting the CCD sensor (the LCD display was showing me dashed lines
instead of the actual display). After opening it, I decided to leave
it aside as the work would take more than my available time. But then,
the camera wouldnt turn on again.. even after I used newly charge
batteries and power supply to bring it back to life.

Does anyone has experience in camera repair? Does anyone have an idea
what could be the problem here? I really don't see how Im able to
check for current running in a camera.. and cameras dont usually come
with schematics. If I want to get to the board I need to open it even
more than I just did before and I am afraid it could get worst.

If you're worried about doing damage, then don't do it. Take it to
someone who can do the repair.

The unskilled should never deal with a piece of electronic equipment
until they've reached the point where they've decided it's not worth
paying to have repaired, and are about to toss out the thing. Then,
it becomes viable for the unskilled to give it a try, because
they won't be losing anything. If they are somehow able to enact
a repair, then that's good. If they damage it, or at the very least
can't fix it, that's good to because they were going to throw it
out anyway.

Repair first requires troubleshooting, ie figuring out by available
information about what's wrong. You "figured" it was the CCD because
you didn't get a display. But you ought to have taken some pictures,
to determine whether it was merely the display, or something earlier
on in the camera. If it was merely the display, then you'd get lots
of good pictures.

Whatever the original problem, you seem to have compounded it by
whatever you did when you opened the camera.

Michael