Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield Harry Bloomfield is offline

Default Need some facts about velux windows

AA wrote :
When negotiating a deal on my new house (complete except for the
interior stuff), the sales agent agreed to a number incentives
including the addition of a velux window in the top (3rd floor) shower
room. These were listed on our reservation agreement as special
conditions with a note saying my deposit would be refunded if the
conditions could not be met. You can guess what is coming but of
course bakcing out now isn't practical.

Most Velux windows are installed from the inside. Basically, clear
plaster board around the area, lift tiles from inside, cut and
reinforce the roof timbers, then lift the frame into position from the
inside and fix. You then make good the tiling and lift the glazed frame
into position again from the inside. Finally making good the inside
plaster work.

Not sure on the planning aspect, but if he needed planning permission,
so would you.

Personally, I would suspect the job got forgotten during the build and
it will cost much more to rectify the error at this stage - hence the
attempt to get away with it. Stick to your guns!

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)