Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Current flow detector for remote water pump.

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:49:19 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Looking for a way to activate a small lamp to show when a remote

mounted
water pump is running. I know I have seen the method before but my

dusty
brain cannot seem to find it. The pump is a 120volt unit mounted in a
remote pump house out of visual range or I would wire a light across

the
pressure switch. I was thinking of something like an inductive coil
around the hot lead feeding a circuit that would power the light. No
problem working on the panel end. Ideas?

This Electronic Design article describes a fully blow pump monitor
system
http://www.elecdesign.com/Articles/I...ArticleID=1682

You don't need much more than the pump interface part of the circuit
with a lamp driver added.

HCPL3700 data sheet
http://www.datasheets.org.uk/datashe...rticle=1608384