Posted to alt.electronics
Frank Frank is offline

Default Piezo buzzer / Speaker / Transducer

STOP smoking mate it cost money to wreck your health

Sorry I could not answer your vibrator problem

Canyonero wrote in message

Hi out there in Usenet electronics land.

Was hoping to get a little help on something that should be pretty
simple.

I want to vibrate a metal plate at different frequencies using a piezo
buzzer or transducer of some type for some Cymatic experiments.

I can use the output from a computer or stereo to generate lots of
tones but how do I drive a piezo element with a speaker output ?

This question is probably embarassingly easy to answer but I have
never used a piezo element for anything other than creating a spark to
light my cigarettes.

Thank you in advance.