Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Large Rabbet

Kent wrote:
I am making molding that will wrap the bottom side of my upper
kitchen cabinets. It looks like an "L" with a bullnose on the face.
I need to cut a large rabbet to form the "L" shape. The rabbet will
be 1" by 3/4". I am doing this in white oak. I have a table saw
with a good blade,. I also have a dado blade. Finally, I have a
router table with a large router. What is the best method to do
this? My initial thought is to make two cuts on the table saw
suing a standard blade and rotating the stock 90 degrees for the
second cut.

Neither one IMO. I'd glue it up from two smaller pieces, hate
chopping up a large piece and trying to find a use for small offcuts.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...