Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Recommendation for Extractor Fans (ie reliability and noise?)

On 2007-08-23 11:23:01 +0100, Mr Uncalled-For
said:

I got a Vent axia 'Centrif 250' 100mm fan for my kitchen in my
previous house.
Noisy, but powerful. I was selling the place, otherwise I'd have been
really disappointed in the level of noise from the thing.
http://www.vent-axia.com/products/do...ntrif-info.pdf

Centrifugal fans are always noisy. You are trading performance for noise.

Generally, a 100mm fan is too small for a kitchen anyway - far better
to use a larger axial model and a 100mm axial model for a bathroom.