Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
David L. Jones David L. Jones is offline

Default old trusty DVM just died. Recommendations for a replacement?

On Aug 23, 2:13 pm, Don Lancaster wrote:
clifto wrote:
DaveC wrote:

I use Fluke meters in the field because they're pretty "bullet-proof" re.
their cases.

Not just the cases. My 77 got hit years ago when I got the test lead a
little too close to a flyback transformer. The size of the arc suggested
that I exceeded the maximum allowable voltage by one or two orders of
magnitude. The meter was unfazed, no change in calibration or looks.

Try a Simpson 360.

I recommend one of these:
http://www.alternatezone.com/files/Cake.jpg

Dave.