Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Large Rabbet

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 00:27:01 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

But it doesn't become a narrow edge until the cut is complete.

You don't find that to be risky?

I guess I didn't make it clear enough in the part quoted below.

Either
start with stock that's about 6" or so longer than you need

***Stop the cut before it completes***

and shut
off the saw (wait for the blade to stop completely before moving)

Though personally, yes I would probably complete the cut if I were
doing it myself. No I don't think it's risky at all with the right
push blocks. But if you don't feel comfortable with that then simply
don't complete the cut.

One-inch-wide stock? Naaah. Not in my shop.

You would have a heartattack inside 10 minutes in my shop then

Latest project in progress:

http://krtwood.com/photo/IMGP2064s.jpg

For size reference, bases are 1-1/2", 1-1/8" on the pawns.

I'll call 911 if we don't see any more posts from Doug

-Leuf