Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Large Rabbet

"Kent" wrote in message

those up for the added safety of this method. I have a freud Dial-A-
Dado blade. Should I hog out the entire 3/4" X 1" dado in one pass?

Only at your own risk ... Sorry, I'm thinking that this is much ado about
very little, with a whole lot of over analyzing to boot?

That said, you still did not give the full dimensions of the final trim
piece, and without that ALL the advice you've gotten thus far is basically
incomplete conjecture.

Two cuts with a single blade is not really all that complicated and,
approached properly, should be safer than using large dado stack on a
relatively small workpiece.

There is no rule that states you have to complete a cut on the table saw. If
your stock is narrow enough that you're worried about it tipping as the
second cut is completed, then simply use a longer piece and stop the cut
with as much stock left in front of the blade that you feel comfortable
with.

It's really not all that difficult, or unsafe, if approached with some
common sense.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07