Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default RCDs in series

On 2007-08-23 00:02:42 +0100, Pete C said:

On Aug 22, 9:44 pm, Peter Parry wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:57:57 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"

wrote:
As one German said to me when I said rings are legal in Germany. "why run a
ring off one MCB when this can be run in two runs (radials) and have two
MCBs protecting each. To him it just did not add up.

Would this explain why, proportionately to population, the number of
people killed by electrical accidents in Germany is 3 times greater
than the UK and in France is about 10 times greater?

AIUI in Holland proportionately to population, the number of people
killed by electrical accidents is /half/ that of the UK, and I don't
think they have ring mains... do they?

cheers,
Pete.

Final circuits in Holland are radial.

The numbers are low in all cases, so it would be necessary to look at
individual accidents to see whether the cause was related to circuit
protection or other causes