Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Phone jack Has to be near AC Receptacle?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

Only if you want a Princess Phone with lighted dial. They had a power
supply to plug in.

There were several in my parent's house in the early 70s. None had power
supply plugs. And, I have a spare AT&T "princess" style phone whose
display is illuminated. Bought it 5 years ago. No power supply plug.

I had three Trimline in my house, installed about 1966 or 67. Each had a
power supply. Maybe newer designs eliminated it.

They did. But even on the early ones, if the Missus of the house objected to
'that ugly gray cube' taking up an outlet slot in the bedroom or wherever, a
common trick was to break the second pair on the 4-color feed line in
basement near that jack, and feed the juice to the phone that way. In fact,
there is one of those cubes hanging from an abandoned line in my basement
laundry room right now. Probably been there since the '60s. Good little
transformers, like most WE hardware of the era, damn near impossible to
kill.

aem sends...