Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default HDTV antennas & complaints

RickH wrote in
ups.com:

On Aug 22, 2:23 am, wrote:
On Aug 21, 8:17 am, Jim Yanik wrote:

my objection is that instead of letting the MARKET
decide,government forced the conversion,and thus obsoleted my 2 TVs
and VCR,"taking" my property without compensation.
They will not give coupons for all three receivers in my home,only
one coupon per household.

I'ts two $40 coupons per household to buy ATSC tuners/converters.

When TracFone's carriers dropped the old analog cellphone
service,TracFone sent me a free GSM phone to replace the analog
phone.

I should be getting 3 converters at no cost.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Ineligible if you have cable subscription, even though you also have
an OTA antenna. IOW they are not helping out those who use BOTH cable
and OTA, only those that use OTA exclusively is my understanding. I
use both so I'm SOL.

I don't have cable or satellite TV.Just OTA.
Sometimes I have both TVs on,on different channels,and tape a third.

If you have cable,what do you need OTA for?
I can see satellite dish TV possibly needing OTA for local channels,but not
cable.
If you have cable,they will handle the DTV problem with their box.
Sat.dish is already DTV.

BTW,how will they know you have cable?

FYI,there's going to be a limited quantity of $40 coupons available before
their funds run out.
Jan 01,2008,there's going to be a big rush to get your request in the
queue.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik